Each week I share a curated list of tunes created by artists who are currently crowdfunding their next album on Kickstarter. This week’s artists are:
- Arabella Jones: After gaining a following on YouTube for her covers of different artists, Arabella Jones is combining her southern rock, outlaw, and new country style for her first EP. With 20 days to go she’s about a quarter of the way to her $12,000 goal. Check out her project or back her here.
- Joy Oladokun: She describes her music as “the lovechild of Lauryn Hill and John Denver.” She’s looking to raise $30,000 to record her first full length studio album. Check out her project or back her here.
- Carter Felker: This bearded guitarist/singer/songwriter is looking to record his debut album of songs that “paint stories for the forgotten, the misunderstood, the hurt, and the lonely.” He’s only looking for $3,771 and is about 2/3 of the way there with 22 days to go. Check out his project or back him here.
- Dallas Jones & Molly Healey: These two are “making a Roots Rock record with a full studio band featuring the hottest pickers in Springfield” and need just a few hundred more dollars in the next four days to make it happen. Check out their project or back them here.
- Ashley Bathgate and Karl Larson: This Brooklyn duo are recording two pieces created by New York composer Ken Thomson. They need around $2,000 in the next two weeks to make it happen. You can check out their project or back them here.