Each week I share a curated list of tunes created by artists who are currently crowdfunding their next album on Kickstarter. This week’s artists are:
- Sweet Crude: “A 7 piece drum pop band from New Orleans, singing in English and Louisiana French”. They just hit their $20,000 goal to fund their first full length album with another two weeks left to go. Check out their project or back them here.
- Calum Graham: a hell of a guitar player who is releasing an acoustic vocal EP. He also just passed his funding goal (of $7,561 but his project doesn’t close for another month. Check out his project or back him here.
- The Walk Off: A few friends from Boston looking to crowdfund their debut album. You can listen to their entire debut EP on Soundcloud if you like the sound of “That Way” from our playlist. They have just one week left on their project but have hit their $2,5000 goal. Check out their project or back them here.
- More Ice and Honey: Self described as “acoustic jazzy experimental thingy” these guys and gals have a unique and enjoyable sound. They are a couple thousand bucks short of their $6,158 goal but their project doesn’t end until October 2nd. Check out their project or back them here.
- Max Romeo meets Rolling Lion Studio: This album will be a collaboration between Jamaican reggae and roots star Max Romeo and producer Daniel Boyle. The project doesn’t end until November 4th and with over $5,000 raised and an $8,000 target, I’d say they have a good shot of surpassing their goal. You can check out their project or back them here.